The National Teaching Council (NTC) has officially released the exam Timetable and Schedule for the NTC licensure exams 2022/2023.
National Teaching Council Licensure Examination for Teachers
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional license; and also attract excellent young graduates from the universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination
- All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers.
- All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021 or before 2022 qualify to write the examination at a Regional Centre of your choice.
Candidates who have written the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination and are not successful, as well as fresh candidates, can register.
Fees for Registration
Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 350.00 to register for the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ150.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
- Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ210.00
- Candidates who are re-sitting all the three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 350.00
All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch and Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide to purchase a voucher for the online registration. *** Candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
Candidates should log onto https://exams.ntc.gov.gh/ to check their confirmation status before proceeding to the bank to purchase the voucher. Unconfirmed candidates should contact their awarding institutions to have their details sent to NTC for confirmation.
- Take PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your Passport-size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print a summary of the inputs made.
Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination. Completed application forms should be received online no later than Friday 15th April 2022.
NB: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond Friday 15th April, 2022. deadline.
The date for the Examination is scheduled for Thursday 19th and Friday 20th May 2022.
NTC Exams Timetable
The exam papers to be written are scheduled as follow: Literacy, Essential professional skills &
|COURSE NAME DATE TIME|
|LITERACY 19th May, 2022 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM|
|ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL SKILLS 19th May, 2022 1:00 PM – 03:00 PM|
|NUMERACY 20th May, 2022 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM|
By: Michael Djan
French Tutor and Digital Marketing Blogger/Content Writer and GhanaWeb Professional Reporter/ frencheducationgh.com