Role And Responsibilities
• Ensure proper maintenance of office equipment, assets, vehicle and infrastructure;
• Monitor clients’ accounts;
• Ensure that vendors and contractors are paid in a timely manner;
• Supervise the housekeeping and maintenance of the building;
• Monitor energy and usage;
• Develop strategies minimisation of energy and water usage;
• Prepare and follow up on documents relating to shipments/freights, customs clearance, office material or staff transfers, deployment or repatriation;
• Provide information to staff regarding office administrative procedures, processes and practices;
• Manage WAHO office supplies;
• Prepare regular reports in SAP using the Material Management Module (e.g. supplies and replenishment alerts);
• Manage vehicle movement, including scheduling, servicing, log books, fuel coupons etc.
• Coordinate the security issues;
• Ensure the cleanliness of the front office and that it is manned at all times;
• Lead, supervise and mentor subordinates.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field from a recognized university;
• 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in protocol, public information, external relations or a related area with significant experience in organizing events/meetings in an international setting is required;
• knowledge of conference services and documentation;
• Familiarity with administrative and financial policies and procedures related to conference services and procedures in a governmental or international organization.
• knowledge of accepted norms, rules and customs including practices developed within ECOWAS System or similar international organization;
• knowledge of administrative services in governmental or international organization.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
• ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
• ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well- defined set of activities;
• ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
• ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
• ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
• ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance;
• contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are advised to download the Job Application Form (click below on “Job Application Form”). All applications must be sent electronically to the email address:
Each application must include:
• A Completed Job Application Form (click here)
• A Cover Letter of not more than one page on the motivation for the post
• A signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
• A certified copy of Birth Certificate
Candidates must be ECOWAS citizens and must not be more than 50 years of age at the time of recruitment (the age criteria does not apply to internal candidates). Submitted Documents will not be returned; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 09 April, 2022