About 40% Of Richest People in Ghana Are Ashantis

About 40% Of Richest People in Ghana Are Ashantis-Hon. Kennedy Agyapong Discloses

Earn Online

During an interview with his own TV Station Net2 TV’s program, the Member of Parliament for Assin Central Constituency and Business tycoon Kennedy Agyapong disclosed that; “the Ashanti’s dominates the richest region in this country estimating 40% of the wealthiest people in this country to be Ashanti’s, and the other 60% to be among other 15 regions left.”

Kennedy Agyapong stated; “The Ashanti’s are the people who like going to their home, and 40% of rich people in Ghana are Ashanti’s. So they should all help and contribute to national development.”

The question is, can Kennedy Agyapong’s statement be supported?

Why Are the Ashanti’s The Richest People in Ghana?

 ‘’Sika’’ or ‘’Dw3t33’’ are very popular terms used to describe money or riches in many Ashanti or Akan. A rich person in the Akan community is known as ‘’Osikani’’ in Twi which denotes someone who has amassed so much wealth.

Their expensive “Kente” with gold ornaments clearly shows how rich these group of people are. It has been observed that top richest people in Ghana are most Ashantis.

Below are the four solid points to support his argument.

1.  Land of Gold

Another name for the Ashanti Kingdom is known as ‘’the land of gold’’ because it houses the biggest mines in the country.

For instance, The Obuasi Gold Mine for its gold mining activities has elevated Ghana for several years to a very good standing as one of Africa’s leading gold producing countries.

Tony Dungy Shares a Couple of Ways Fame Has Affected His Family

2. Hard Work

Another reason that may be attributed to Ashanti’s being the richest men in Ghana is hard work. Incontestably, the Ashanti’s who are spread all over the country are much more involved in businesses and work extremely hard for their money.

They are naturally born traders and are very good at what they do. They work very hard and hence it comes as no surprise that most of them are successful and rich.

3. Risk Takers

However, the remarkable thing to know about them is that they are risk takers. For that matter, they’re fearless, aggressive, and smart when it comes to business. They are always ready to dive in when they see a business opportunity around.

4. Support for Each Other

When Kwame Osei gets the opportunity to travel abroad to work, after 5 years he makes it and settles down. Then he comes down to take his niece Ama Serwaa with him. She too starts hustling hard and years later, she comes back home for her nephew Kwadwo Amoako.

The cycle continues this way till every member of the family gets there. This trait is very common with the Ashanti’s who are always there to support and enrich each other.

The points we raised in this article are not to say that other tribes in Ghana are lazy, bad or they’re not rich. But, based on the above-mentioned points, we can support Honorable Kennedy Agyapong by saying that majority of the richest people in Ghana are Ashanti.

By: Michael Djan

French Tutor and Digital Marketing Blogger/Content Writer and GhanaWeb Blogger @ frencheducationgh.com

Tagged
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments